CMT Pathfinder Club Counselor Certification
Pathfinder Club Counselor Certification
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Commit to the Youth/Children’s Ministry Volunteer Code of Conduct.
- Be currently approved by your conference’s child protection screening verification.
- Be a baptized member of the Seventh-day Adventist church.
- Have completed the CMT Pathfinder Basic Staff Training certificate.
Overview of the Certification
This training certification is intended to provide a foundation for staff members who will hold the most important role in Pathfinder Ministry, that of Counselor. The seminars should be taken before a staff member actually takes up duties as a counselor. It is designed to be taught in a six (6) hour intensive session. Much of the fieldwork will be done during the year of service.
Workshops in the Counselor Certification include:
- Pathfinder Club Outreach—PFAD 004
- The Pathfinder Club Organization: The
Counselor’s Support Team—PFAD 100
- Discipling and Discipline—PYSO 121
- Developmental Growth—PYSO 104
- The Counselor’s Relationship to the Pathfinder—PYSO 124
- The Counselor’s Responsibilities—PFAD 101
- Safety and the Counselor—RCSF 120
- Spiritual Applications in Nature—NAOS 120
Create a portfolio that contains the handouts and your personal notes from the workshops that you attend.
Last modified: Thursday, 26 January 2023, 2:41 PM